Louden Nelson Park, Santa Cruz
Saturday, 10/8 @ 6:30pm
12,000 prisoners are on hunger strike across the state of California in resistance to conditions in Special Housing Units (SHU).
The prisoner’s demands are simple:
1. End Administration Abuse & Group Punishment
2. Abolish the Debriefing Policy & Modify Gang Status Criteria
3. End Long Term Solitary Confinement
4. Provide Adequate and Nutritious Food
5. Expand and Provide Constructive Programming & Privileges
After a march through town to distribute information, we will have a noisy demonstration at the county jail to let the inmates hear that they are not alone.
Stand in solidarity with prisoners everywhere. Amplify their voices in the streets where we live.